Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Francesca sitting and playing

Today Francesca was lying down and babbling to herself when I caught her eyeing Mateo's favorite toy from our visit to Colombia when we adopted him. I pointed to the music mirror asked her, "Francesca, would you like to play with this?" She looked at me as if to say, "Yes, please!" and so I sat her in front of the music instrument keys and she began to play. Before long she was smiling at herself and at me in the mirror, watching the lights flash with the music, banging on the keyboard, whirring the guitar wheel, and playing the drums. It was such a fun time together. While she sat with me behind her, I slowly tested her sitting skills by scooting back and positioning my hands on her cute little bottom. Pretty soon I had let go completely and she sat up all by herself for a few seconds at a time. I was so proud of her, and you can tell by the photos that she was pretty pleased with herself, too!