Sunday, March 7, 2010

David and Goliath

Mateo has been enamoured with the story of David and Goliath for the past couple of months (actually any story grabs his attention ... he is constantly asking for me or Daddy or Grandpa to tell him a story about "Crash" or "Boo-boo" or "Big orange trucks and snow and clouds" or "Bears"). Every night he asks us to read a story from the Bible to him, and it is always "David and Goliath." He first learned the story from a video he saw at Blanca's house in Spanish, so he pronounces the giant's name "Go-lee-oth" even when he is talking in English. It's very cute. Tonight I asked Mateo to read me the story. I am not only amazed at his ability to recount the story, but also of his use of the same big vocabulary: battlefield, slaves, roared, appeared. Let's just say I am totally enamoured with my story-loving son!