Friday, June 4, 2010

Colombia!

We left Omaha on Wednesday for Florida. Francesca took several naps in abuelita y abuelito's arms. Both of my babies are GREAT travelers.
Waiting ...

"Here I go, I'm on a plane. Look at me, I'm on a plane..." Baby Signing Time taught us well - Francesca now signs PLANE like a pro.

On Thursday we left Florida and flew to Colombia. Just 3 1/2 short hours by plane.
Gladys and Fabio picked us up at the airport. Here's Mateo at our arrival in Bogota on top of our 12 pieces of luggage!



Francesca found the table in abuelita's house right away.

Early this morning Francesca woke up and was still tired, so I put her in bed with Mateo and me and the three of us slept soundly until 8:00! When we opened our sleepy eyes, we all smiled at each other and gave good morning hugs and kisses - so sweet. The only thing missing was Daddy, but he'll be coming in a couple of weeks. When Francesca finally sat up, she had the biggest rat's nest in her hair! It surprised me so that I laughed until tears streamed down my face. A great start to our first day in Bogota.

Mateo brought his Mommy a rose this morning - picked fresh on his walk to the store for bread and chocolate.

Mateo and Francesca play really well together. Wherever Mateo is, Francesca wants to be.

Francesca just started taking steps while holding on to someone's hands. She's getting so strong! It wouldn't surprise me if she was starting to walk by the time we leave Colombia.

Here's Francesca talking to Grandma on the phone