Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My babies

Have I mentioned that the very best thing about being in Colombia is getting to spend quality time with my babies? No laundry to do, no groceries to buy, no house to clean ... just enjoy my two little gifts while they are still little. It's wonderful!

Yesterday Mateo finally seemed to have settled in to being in Colombia for a while. He regained his usual appetite and was much more compliant (that goes with the territory of being "3"). After a big breakfast we went to several parks. He and I played a game of tag over and under a bridge and took turns going down the slide. It was so fun to really play together and we laughed a lot. After eating all of his lunch without any coaxing or reminders of good table manners, I praised his good behavior and asked him what he wanted to do next.
"I want to put on my shoes and go get some ice cream, Mommy."
How could I say no? So that's just what we did, Mateo and I walked up the street and got him an arequipe San Geronimo ice cream (second best only to Crepes and Waffles). We wandered around the shopping center and then came home. Just the two of us. It was great Mateo time. Later that same afternoon we went to the movies and saw Marmaduke with abuelita. Mateo loves going to the movies and it was a cute film with a positive message about the importance of family. It made us miss Chester.
And that about sums up my days here in Colombia. Eat, play, walk, talk. Enjoy. What a blessing. The only thing missing is Daddy.




Dancing with Abuelito (later Mateo and I joined in, but this was not captured on video!)