Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Earl May field trip

Today Mateo and Mommy went to Earl May for a field trip with his preschool. I am so grateful I was able to go, and Mateo and I had so much fun. Although I expected the field trip to be a bit more structured, it was the simplicity of it that made it so wonderful. We got to walk around the nursery, meander through the greenhouse, plant a flower, eat popcorn and browse the store. Mateo was so happy and I wouldn't have traded our time together for anything.


After Earl May, Mateo and I went to the Munroe Meyer Institute to watch Francesca in her speech class. That was fun, too, especially since it was the first time I saw in person where she has been spending her Wednesday mornings with Grandma. I was so proud of my little girl as she sat in her chair and little desk listening to Maisy, opening and shutting the curtain, signing "fish cracker."

When I asked my principal about taking a half personal day today she told me to "enjoy all the mommy moments you can." Today I enjoyed them all!

Strawberries
Flower wonder



Walking with Cecilia


Planting our flower







Popcorn!


Pinwheels Meeting Grandma at Cesca's therapy


Coloring and Snack table
Francesca in "Goodbye" circle