Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last Day of Preschool - Mateo



Today was Mateo's last day of preschool and they put on a puppet show. I got there just in time to hear Mateo say, "Wait, my Mommy isn't here yet!" and then he saw me, ran out to greet me and ushered me in to a chair he had waiting just for me. It was so sweet to see him so excited that I could be there - and I was so glad that I could be!
Mateo and his classmates put on a series of short puppet shows. Here's the program!


One of the funnier moments was when the kids were singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" with their lion puppets. Ms. Mary had just finished bragging about how this class hadn't had to make repairs on their puppets. About 30 seconds into the song, Maddox's lion lost a googly eye and burst into tears. It was all over after that. I took video of all the puppet shows, but they are too high



Receiving his certificate




Each student got a big cookie with their name written on it


Mateo and Ms. Mary



Mateo is definitely one of those kids whose energy outshines the rest! I am so proud of him ... as his Mommy and Daddy we couldn't be happier to have a son like him! You can't see the balloon in this picture, but it says, "You are the best!" and that is what he is.