Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

What a sweet Mother's Day I had this year. With my three babies by my side (counting Chester) and my adoring husband, I couldn't have asked for more. There was no big fanfare this year - just finishing up our huge project of painting the family room and kitchen and spending time at my Mom's house - and it was just what I wanted. I love being a Mom.

I love to hear Mateo say, "Mom, mom, mom, mom..." and to see Francesca sign "Mom" and give me her big toothless grin. I love the smooshy hugs from Francesca where she holds on to me so tight and just melts into my chest. Each time she hugs me I get a rush of warmth from my head to my toes that relaxes my entire body and makes me know everything in life is going to be alright. And I love the warm sweaty hugs from Mateo right after he wakes up from his afternoon nap. He is the best snuggler then and I could rock him back and forth for hours.

My family is my greatest gift. Without them I would not be me. I am my kids' mom and my husband's girlfriend. I love you!