Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bedtime

Tonight I was giving the kids a bath before bed. While in the tub, Mateo kept saying to Francesca, "Francesca, I'm so proud of you for not pooping in the tub!" He said it about 3 times and then it was time to get out. It was quite an accomplishment to make it through a bath without it ending in poopy water. Well... as I lifted Francesca out, we soon realized she had been hiding something beneath her. "Francesca!!!!" We made a quick escape and then rerinsed before getting their jammies on. Oh, dear - we'd almost made it.

While I was cleaning the bathtub and disinfecting the toys, Mateo somehow got Francesca into his bed and was trying to put her to sleep. When I peeked into the room, they were both laying down and singing "Twinkle, twinkle little star" to each other. Mateo words were as clear as a bell and Francesca was vocalizing all of the syllables. It was such a sweet brother-sister moment. I am sure there will be many more to come... but hopefully not after another poopy bath!