Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So much...

With cousin Emma

In her new bed



Reading with Grandpa


Reading with Aunt Sharon


Happy bunch


First day of preschool


So sweet (7 months)


It has been so long since I have blogged about anything! And SO MUCH has happened that I feel overwhelmed with all I could and want to share. So I'll start with this.


Francesca started preschool January 24 - on a Tuesday. She goes to Standing Bear and is in the Early Childhood Special Education classroom. She absolutely loves it and she has had a language explosion since starting. It's been awesome to hear her mimic words she hears us say and attempt 2-3 word sentences. I'm so proud of her and feel so good about her time spent at school each morning.


Catalina is 8 months already. I can hardly believe it. And we just discovered last Saturday (February 4th) that she has gotten her first tooth! It's her bottom left tooth and I'm pretty sure it's driving her crazy. She is a drool queen and chews on everything she can get to her mouth. She also seems really close to crawling because she's moving between sitting and leaning to a crawl - precrawling positions. It's been fun to watch because Cata does it all instinctively, while with Francesca we really had to be intentional with helping her into these positions. Even Mateo needed a little prodding when we first got him. Everything with Catalina up to this point has been brand new to me as a mommy. She is everything typical and it's been its own new adventure.


The same night Catalina showed off her new tooth, Francesca made the inevitable transition from her crib to a toddler bed. No problem! She loves it and has gone to sleep at night and for naps with ease. Waking up in the morning is now more enjoyable too because she is not yelling for DADDY to come and rescue her from her crib.


Mateo is growing so fast. In less than 2 months he will be 5 years old. I can't believe it. He is just so sweet right now... just the other day there was a commercial for Kay Jewelers and he quick covered up my eyes and said, "Don't look Mommy. Some day Daddy and I are going to buy you that." I have no idea what kind of jewelry it was, but it was just so sweet that he wants to surprise me like that "someday." He's also funny. We were coming back from my Mom and Dad's the other night and Mateo said. "Parents are silly." "Why?" I asked, "What do you mean?" He said, "Well, Grandma and Grandpa are your parents and they're silly. Tonight Grandpa told me a story about Peter and a pickle." I laughed out loud and tried to clarify, "Did Grandpa say, "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers?" Yup. That was it. I keep thinking about how quickly Mateo is growing and wondering how soon it will be before he won't let me smoosh on him, so I try and smoosh on him as much as I can now. My favorite time is putting him to bed - after he's had "Guy Time" with Daddy.